Monday 25 May 2009

High Blood-Sugar and Cholesterol













I took an Ornithine supplement for about a week and since my last post, there has only been one bout of insomnia. Now whether the L-Ornithine is necessary is up to debate, but it did help me with my inconsistent bowel movements. The white (worm) remnants have all but disappeared from my stools and I feel that the MMS has done what it was supposed to do: clear out the gunge. Yesterday, after sixty-six days, I decided to stop taking it. I am well, full of energy and ready to attack the other problems that have been plaguing me: high blood-sugar and cholesterol.

As a long-term student of ethno-botany (indigenous plants as medecine), I came across a weed called Tribulus Terrestris. This has been used for centuries in both India and China to help with liver and kidney disorders. Depending on the source, extracts are made from different parts of the plant: the leaves, stem or fruit. The more common ones come from China where the fruit is used and are presented as a brown powder, but those produced in Bulgaria use the leaves. The leaves contain something called steroidal saponins which have been found to increase testosterone in athletes (making them more powerful). Saponins are natural detergents present in many plants and are employed in pharmaceutical drugs that lower cholesterol in the blood. Preferring a more natural approach to medecine, I picked up some Bulgarian Tribulus in a body-building outlet. Not only suitable for reducing cholesterol, this substance also lowers blood-sugar [diabetes], regulates hormones in both men and women and possibly eliminates candida too.

No comments:

Post a Comment