Sunday 19 April 2009

The Beginning

During my life, I've been struck with many ailments starting with malnutrition then having gastro-enteritis, pneumonia, depression, high cholesterol and finally, diabetes mellitus (type 2). When I was diagnosed with diabetes in 2004, I weighed a shocking 96 kg (211 lbs.) whereas in my twenties, I was only 70 kg (154 lbs) for my 6 feet (1m83). I'm now in my fifties.

The gastro-enteritis was easily cured with off-the-shelf drugs and the pneumonia, with anti-biotics, but when I asked the doctor how to cure my diabetes, she only proposed a treatment. Upon taking her pills for three days, I felt worse than before and decided enough was enough - I threw them away.

As a single man living alone, I am the product of my own cooking. I only eat twice a day (breakfast and supper), but I do eat well, at least that's what I initially thought. Many of my health problems I believe were due to a lack of vitamin C. I was never a one for eating fruit and rarely ate an orange or even an apple, so I decided to improve my diet. The first thing was to purchase a juicer; the second, to get more exercise.

Well, these past five years, diabetes has not affected me. I walk four or five times a week, usually for 40 minutes and eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables (organic) that I get at the local farmers' market each Wednesday. I continue to eat meat and fish (usually smoked salmon) and I still smoke. I also started taking supplements and each day, drink grapefruit juice (preferably the red kind) with 3-5 grams of vitamin C powder mixed in. This works for me.

About a month ago, I discovered MMS - the Miracle Mineral Supplement.


No comments:

Post a Comment